September 23, 2010

Construction almost done

The construction is nearly done. Some minor details remained such as fixing the towing cable and adding more stowage.

September 19, 2010

The turret

I started to work at the turret. The most difficult part was to recreate the .50 cal heavy machine gun barrel clamp.

September 11, 2010

Some hull progress

The second hatch is done. Brush guard, interior/exterior grab handle and closing mechanism added:

The stowage rack, a nice one from Dragon:

The tracks are not glued into place. I'm thinking about painting them separately.

September 06, 2010

Periscope brush guards

One of the most difficult problem to tackle on this kit is represented by the periscope brush guards. Unlike some more recent Dragon kits that include PE options, this particular M4A3 doesn't. Although I was skeptic about any attempt to replicate it, I managed to build a periscope brush guard today.

September 05, 2010

Work on the hull

I added the PE headlight protections and some minor improvements on the siren protection (too bad Dragon didn't provided a PE option). The back-lights protections and its wiring were entirely made from scraps.