December 20, 2012

Painting started

Just a small update. This is the first time I use preshading on 1/72 scale.

December 09, 2012

Flak 43 and Lipton tea bags

I don't remember who suggested this solution first, but it's a great idea for imitating mesh :-) I made the basket frame from stretched sprues, previously heated over a flame. As for the metal barrel, I'm still waiting for its arrival, although a month passed since I've order it... I guess I'll have to move on without.

November 12, 2012

sWS with 3.7cm FlaK43 - construction almost done

The construction of the sWS is pretty much done. I'm still searching for a way to make and add a spent shell basket for the Flak... Although the kit barrel is very good, I've order a replacement from Schatton Modellbau. The figurine is from Zvezda.

November 03, 2012

3.7 Flak 43

I managed to work a little on the Flak, and add a few improvements. The biggest challenge will be the spent shell basket.

October 21, 2012

sWS with 3.7cm FlaK43

I continued with the pioneer tools and the rear cargo tray. Next, the Flak itself.

October 01, 2012

sWS with 3.7cm FlaK43 Anti-Aircraft Gun

I'm very excited with this new project. The kit is fabulous, and its tracks are probably the best I've seen in 1/72 scale. I used a PE set from Part, but this kit really goes fine just out of the box.

September 19, 2012

Ford Model T ambulance completed

This is it. The decals were horrible, very thick and without adhesive; thanks Mr. Mark Softer and Future. Now its time for a GREAT 1/72 kit: MACO sWS w/ Flak 43‎.

August 26, 2012

Ford Ambulance - basecoat done

August 17, 2012

First preshading experience

Tamiya white primer and black from Vallejo.

July 28, 2012

Ford Model T ambulance - 1/48

I wanted to build a WW1 subject and the perfect kit came from the Polish company RPM. This is a very fine kit indeed, with sharp details and a full engine, though a little bit surgery is necessary if the engine bonnet is left open. The photo-etched set is from Part.

June 27, 2012

Sherman M4A1 (76) W - finished

June 12, 2012

Sherman M4A1 (76) W - painting started

The base coat is pretty much done, I used Vallejo Model Air Olive Drab and Black for the camo spots. That was the most challenging part, as it was my first time using an airbrush for this type of job. For the black camo I experimented several dilution ratios with Vallejo products and the most suitable for me was: 3 parts Black, 3 parts Glaze medium, 2 parts Thinner. The model looks quite dull at this stage, but no weathering was applied yet.